Welcome to the Intellectual Property Office website
This site provides information on the various registers maintained by the Office as required under Guernsey intellectual property legislation.
In addition, this site publishes notices in accordance with the various legislation and provides guidance notes to assist in the administration of intellectual property rights.
A general guide to intellectual property in Guernsey can be found here.
IP Consultation launched 24 June 2015
The Commerce and Employment Department has issued a consultation paper on intellectual property, seeking the views of the public on several issues that have been identified to improve the existing regime .. read more
Image Rights - Register
Since December 2012, the Office has been receiving applications to register Image Rights in Guernsey. Click here to view the Image Rights register (please note that you will need to log in to this website to view the information - full details can be found on this link)
Further information regarding image rights is available in the Products & Services section of the website.
Alan Bougourd, Registrar
24 June 2015
- Subsidy Scheme PRS for Music and PPL licenses for Charities and NPOs
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
- States of Deliberation approve amendments to the Copyright (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance 2005 and the Performers' Rights (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance, 2005
- Revised fees for Image Rights registration and renewal
- Image Rights Register opens for business