Welcome to the Intellectual Property Office website
This site provides information on the various registers maintained by the Office as required under Guernsey intellectual property legislation.
In addition, this site publishes notices in accordance with the various legislation and provides guidance notes to assist in the administration of intellectual property rights.
A general guide to intellectual property in Guernsey can be found here.
Introduction of registers of trade mark agents and registered design agents
In March 2016, a consultation was issued regarding the establishment of a register of trade mark agents. The consultation, and the response document, are available to view here.
The outcome of the consultation was a recommendation to the Committee for Economic Development to introduce a register of trade mark agents, and a register of design right agents. New regulations relating to trade mark and design rights agents were made on 23 February 2017, and came into effect on 1 April 2017.
The regulations are available to view in the Law & Practice section.
Further information on the effect of the introduction of registers of trade mark agents and registered design agents is available here.
Image Rights - Register
Since December 2012, the Office has been receiving applications to register Image Rights in Guernsey. Click here to view the Image Rights register (please note that you will need to log in to this website to view the information - full details can be found on this link)
Further information regarding image rights is available in the Products & Services section of the website.
Alan Bougourd, Registrar
03 April 2017
- Committee for Economic Development Policy Plan - IP
- Implementation of a Code of Practice for Image Rights Agents
- Introduction of Registers of Trade Mark/Registered Design Agents
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
- States of Deliberation approve amendments to the Copyright (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance 2005 and the Performers' Rights (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance, 2005
- Revised fees for Image Rights registration and renewal