Welcome to the Intellectual Property Office website
This site provides information on the various registers maintained by the Office as required under Guernsey intellectual property legislation.
In addition, this site publishes notices in accordance with the various legislation and provides guidance notes to assist in the administration of intellectual property rights.
States of Deliberation approve amendments to the Copyright (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance 2005 and the Performers' Rights (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance, 2005
Please see the link for information on the removal of exemptions for charities and non profit organisations in relation to sound recordings - http://ipo.guernseyregistry.com/copyrightnews
Image Rights - Register
Since December 2012, the Office has been receiving applications to register Image Rights in Guernsey. Click here to view the Image Rights register (please note that you will need to log in to this website to view the information - full details can be found on this link)
Further information regarding image rights is available in the Products & Services section of the website.
John Ogier, Registrar of Intellectual Property
8 October 2013
- States of Deliberation approve amendments to the Copyright (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance 2005 and the Performers' Rights (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Ordinance, 2005
- Revised fees for Image Rights registration and renewal
- Image Rights Register opens for business
- Christmas and New Year Opening Hours 2013
Recent Site Updates
- Current Image Rights Journal
- Current Patent Application Journal
- Current Trade Mark Journal
Intellectual Property Office
IPO for the Bailiwick of Guernsey
New IP application & administration forms launched
27 February 2012